title

title

Thursday 7 March 2019

Game 312: Ravyn vs Deneghra3


Game 312 – Vs Duncan Harradine – Cryx – 22/02/19

My list:
Ravyn, The Eternal Light (Defenders of Ios)
-Fane Knight Guardian
-Hyperion
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcantrik Force Generator
Dawnguard Trident
Dawnguard Trident
Arcanist Mechanik
Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen
Lys Healer
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios

His List:
Deneghra, the Soul Weaver (Slaughter Fleet Raiders)
-Satyxis Blood Priestess
-Nightmare
-Nightwretch
-Scavenger
-Deathripper
Axiara Wraithblade
General Gerlak Slaughterborn
Ragman
Max Black Ogrun Smog Belchers
Max Black Ogrun Boarding Party
Max Bloodgorgers
-Jussika Bloodtongue
Sharde Dirge Seers
The Devil’s Shadow Mutineers

Game 3 on a Friday evening and I’m up against regular opponent and former Pressganger Duncen. I decide it is the perfect time to try out the silly list I’ve had planned for a while. Ravyn with 5 huge bases and a load of solos designed to keep her alive. It isn’t subtle, but I love the way it looks on the table. If you’re looking for high level tactical play, this battle report isn’t for you. Duncan won the first turn and we got moving.

Deneghra puts up Grave Wind on herself and gives the Bloodgorgers Ghost Walk to get them through the water in front of them.

Ravyn casts Snipe on herself and walks up to shoot into a group of bunched up Trolls with a Blaster shot, killing 3 and Swift Hunting back. She switches Snipe onto a Trident which moves up and kills another. Everything else just runs up to take board position.



Duncan puts out Mortality on the right Trident and Hyperion. He charges a Bloodgorger into the former, dealing minimal damage, and shoots into Hyperion, rolling well to deal 25 points or so. Nightmare runs through the building to engage Eiryss. Deneghra Feats to give herself a big next turn.



Ravyn Feats, and the shooting begins. She starts things off herself by walking up to kill a Bloodgorger before firing a Blaster shot into the rest of the unit. This is the first time I’ve used Ravyn since the rules change and she is so much fun now, as she Sprints back to safety. The rest of my army deals decent damage into the Cryx, taking out Ragman and decent chunks of the infantry, including all of the Dirge Seers at the back. I knock down and Disrupt Nightmare, dealing with him for a turn. 0-0



Duncan has a strong turn, putting Mortailty back out onto the right Trident and Hyperion, before throwing attacks at them until both were dead. He scores the left zone to lead 1-0.



I shoot more stuff, finishing off Nightmare and almost clearing the right zone, but Jussika just wouldn’t die, but thankfully isn’t in the zone to stop me scoring. 2-2



Duncan keeps pushing up, this time taking out my left AFG with the Boarding Party. He scores twice again to lead 4-2.



I remove most of the Boarding Party and move my Trident over to the left to help out, clearing the right zone with the two Fane Knights. Unfortunately I don’t move either of them to the flag, or Ravyn into the zone, and so I don’t score and Duncan goes 5-2 up, winning easily next turn.



DEFEAT

This game wasn’t really about the result and was an absolute blast to play. Some real errors from me all over the place including completely forgetting about Swift Hunter on my Feat turn, and not scoring any points in my last turn. I want to play this list more, but don’t think it’s particularly competitive. I might take it to York alongside my Helynna list and have a lot of fun through the event before concentration on competitive lists from there. I’ll just have to not tell my WTC captain…

2 comments:

  1. If you want to try a more competitive version of this list, you should consider Issyria instead of Ravyn. I tried them both a couple times with the same loadout, and Issyria was consistently better.

    Ravyn is indeed a blast to play now, but I found the combination of blinding light, the true sight feat, arcane vortex and an Arm 21 Hyperion were a lot better overall.

    That list archetype is still fairly weak to the best control casters, but it attritions like a monster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ravyn casts Snipe on herself and walks up to shoot into a group of bunched up Trolls with a Blaster shot, killing 3 and Swift Hunting back. She switches Snipe onto a Trident which moves up and kills another. Everything else just runs up to take board position."

    How were you able to switch snipe from Ravyn to Trident? I must be missing something here or I am reading it all wrong.

    ReplyDelete