title

title

Tuesday 10 July 2018

Game 214: Vyros2 vs Thagrosh1


Game 214 – Vs Mark Ellis – Legion – 22/06/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight (Primal Terrors)
-Ammok the Truthbearer
-Blightbringer
Warmonger War Chief
Warmonger War Chief
Feralgeist
Spell Martyr
Spell Martyr
Max Blighted Ogrun Warmongers
-Gorag Rotteneye
Max Blighted Ogrun Warspears
-Warspear Chieftain
Max Blighted Ogrun Warspears
-Warspear Chieftain
Hellmouth
Hellmouth

Another go into Primal Terrors with new version of Vyros. Old version has won this match up before, but new should in theory be better. I win first turn.

Everything runs up, staying out of Hellmouth threat on the left, and using the objective as an unmoveable anchor on the right.



Mark puts up Draconic Blessing onto one unit of Warspears and Fog of War up on Thagrosh before running everything up the table.



If I can get rid of both Hellmouths this turn and jam him hard I have a possibility of having enough left to grind the game out, or at least search for an assassination angle. I remove the Hellmouth on the left but my Manticore fails on the right, leaving it alive one a handful of boxes. Vyros Feats.



Failing to kill the Hellmouth is an awful situation as it trivially deals 3/4s of the boxes of damage to my Manticore. The rest of Mark’s troops come in and deal a huge amount of damage, crippling several jacks. I try and use my Feat move to design an assassination angle but can’t come up with anything.



I have a look for a possible assassination but there’s nothing on and the attrition battle is lost. I concede.

DEFEAT

-      Don’t know how the game would go if I took out the right Hellmouth, probably still a really rough matchup.
-      May have been better taking second turn, the Ogrun are pretty slow and it would have meant the Hellmouths were further back and I could have ignored them for longer.
-      Hellmouths really are bonkers good for a free choice…

No comments:

Post a Comment