title

title

Thursday 21 June 2018

Game 213: Vyros2 vs Rasheth

Game 213 – Vs Ryan Longthorne – Skorne – 21/06/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Dominar Rasheth (Winds of Death)
-Basilisk Krea
-Cyclops Raider
-Cyclops Shaman
-Cyclops Shaman
Siege Animantarax
Siege Animantarax
Extoller Soulward
Extoller Soulward
Mortitheurge Willbreaker
Venator Dakar
Max Paingiver Beast Handlers
Max Venator Reivers
-Office & Standard Bearer
Min Venator Slingers

Back to Forges Vyros2 as the build up to WTC continues. Really wanted a game into Rasheth and Ryan was happy to play it. Neither of us were sure who it favours but knew it was pretty close. I win the roll to go first.

Everything runs up, with Vyros casting Deceleration. I stay out of Trample and shoot range of the turtles, which was probably a mistake, as I should have just taken the shots as at dice-5 they wouldn’t have done too much



Skorne forces move up, staying out of threat range of my Jacks. Reivers put a big CRA into a Griffon, but it is taken by the Aspis, dealing decent damage to it. Tubby arcs a spell into Lanyssa, taking her out.

I need to get up the table, but want to stay out of melee threat of the turtles. I kill 4 of the remaining Slingers, and push hard on the left flank, holding back slightly on the right. Vyros Feats.



Tubby Feats and deals pretty decent damage to me, killing off 2 Griffons and dotting around some other damage. Ryan scores his flag to lead 1-0.

I need to get some work done this turn but can’t get to the turtles. If I can keep both Manticores alive through Ryan’s next turn I probably win the game. I build up Synergy on the right Turtle before taking out a decent number of Reivers on the left. The Manticore goes in and takes out a Shaman and leaves the Raider on a handful of boxes. I shoot the Soulward off the flag to lead 2-1.



Ryan tries to unlock the puzzle but struggles to do so. He does take out 2 Griffons but isn’t able to contest either my zone or flag, allowing me to score 2 more to lead 4-1.

I could end the turn and win but I did want to see how it would play out without a cheap scenario win, so play out the turn as normal. I am able to kill almost all of the Reivers, finish off the Raider, take out the central turtle and leave the right one on only 2 boxes. More than enough to satisfy me that this game can be ground out. I win 6-1.



VICTORY

-      Glad to be back to my standard Vyros list
-      Going second would make this harder, but not hugely so.
Manticores version definitely feels stronger than the version with Imperatus, though Lanyssa is starting to feel like a weakness. I may try switching her back out for a Magister for some Whip Snap plays

No comments:

Post a Comment