title

title

Wednesday 5 December 2018

Game 267: Vyros2 vs Lucant


Game 267 – Vs Rachel Child – Convergence of Cyriss – 6/10/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Discordia
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

Her List:
Father Lucant (Destruction Initiative)
-Corollary
-Inverter
-Inverter
-Conservator
-Conservator
-Conservator
-Galvanizer
Transfinite Emergence Projector
Reflex Servitors
Attunement Servitors
Elimination Servitors
Elimination Servitors
Accretion Servitors
Optifex Directive

After a short Post-CID break and a bit of time to absorb the Retribution dynamic update that followed a week later it was finally time to get some models back on the table. What better way than to go straight into the UK Nationals. My lists were Elara2 in Shadows, Ravyn in Legions and my old faithful Vyros2 in Forges. I promised myself that I would play Vyros as little as possible, but I wanted a strong performance to hopefully help me onto a WTC team again next year. The first round saw me up against Rachel with her Convergence, which unfortunately meant that it was a Vyros2 drop straight out of the gate. I win the first turn and we get moving.

With no turn 1 threat Vyros just runs up with his army following as much as possible.



Rachel decides that she has to Feat this turn or have to sit so far back that she would give up too much on scenario. Lucant casts Deceleration to further increase their armour and runs everything up, staying out of threat range of my Manticores.

I don't really want to advance into Lucant's Feat, and the threat range on the Vectors is pretty limited, so I decide to back up slightly. I am going to surrender some control points next turn but I think I can afford to. I leave an Aspis contesting the central flag, in threat range of some Vectors, but Rachel would have to commit a heavy to take it out.



Instead, Rachel tried to take out the Aspis using the TEP, but under Deceleration that was always going to be tricky and the Aspis lived. She contested my scoring elements but backed off with most of her forces, scoring twice to lead 2-0

Making attacks with the TEP had left it in range of 2 Griffons, and with Synergy built up by taking out Servitors I sent 2 in to take it out, following up with Discordia into a Conservator to start off the heavy trade. I stay out of threat range of both Inverters and the score goes to 3-2 to Rachel.



With Discordia providing a juicy target in the middle of the table the 2 remaing Conservators are sent in to take it out. The Inverters are both moved to provide Watcher cover for Lucant. The score moves to 4-3 to Rachel.



There are 2 Griffons within range of Lucant, so I start looking at an assassination. The issue is Watcher so I would need to take that out of the equation first. I load up a Manticore and after Synergy is built to 2 I send it in to the left Invertor. The issue that Rachel is set with here is that she can either use Watcher to knock down the Manticore, or save it for the assassination and almost certainly lose the Inverter. She chose to knock down the Manticore. My turn was then a simple matter of taking out the left Conservator and delivering the Griffons to Lucant, with the first taking him out.



VICTORY

Some small CID tweaks in Forges has really improved this Vyros list. Essentially I have swapped out a Griffon and a free solo for Discordia, which is a great change for the list. This game was a really interesting to play, with a couple of turns of feinting and backing off before being able to play Vyros' preferred game and crushing through a flank. Had I not gone for the assassination I could have taken out both Conservators and had a very strong attrition position from there, which I am certain I would have pushed through on what is a very live scenario. On to round 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment