title

title

Sunday 23 December 2018

Game 269: Vyros2 vs Locke


Game 269– Vs Andrew Murchie – Convergence of Cyriss – 6/10/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Discordia
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke (Destruction Initiative)
-Prime Axiom
-Corollary
-Inverter
-Inverter
-Conservator
-Conservator
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex
Attunement Servitors
Elimination Servitors
Elimination Servitors
Reflex Servitors
Optifex Directive

Round 3 of the UK Nationals and my second against Convergence. Andrew dropped Locke who, unfortunately, I hadn't been able to get a game in against before the WTC. I won the first turn and we got moving.

I had no idea how to proceed in this game, but it can be a pretty live scenario if you can push on hard enough, so I eyed up that as a possibility. To that end, everything runs.



Redline is put up onto the Prime Axiom and everything gets up the table, but being careful to stay well out of my threat ranges.

I decide to spread out pretty severely, trying to tempt Andrew out and giving me the best opportunity to score zones next turn. The weakness of this list has always been contesting the enemy zone on this scenario, but that was a bridge to cross later.



Andrew takes out one Griffon before Warpathing the Conservator back slightly. The rest of the forces push up and he contests my zone to take a 1-0 lead.



I need to take some chances in this game, and so I decide to push hard. I shoot off the objective, contest Andrew's zone with a Griffon, and score both circular zones to take a 4-1 lead and put Andrew under some pressure.



However, in my haste to score points I have left Vyros within 16” of the Prime Axiom, so after a lucky Flare scatter lowers his defence, the Axiom runs up and takes Vyros out with Jackhammers.

DEFEAT

Whilst the Flare was a big deal (changed the Axiom from needing 8s to 6s) I shouldn't have taken my eye off the ball in that way. I really had no idea how to approach this game and was pretty please with the way I played it in general, as I got Andrew to the point where he felt he needed to go for the risky assassination. I need more practice into this matchup. Vyros isn't a perfect drop into Convergence and when I start investigating some of the new options we have, I'll be looking to see whether we have a better option into lists like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment