title

title

Sunday 23 December 2018

Game 270: Elara2 vs Skarre1


Game 270 – Vs Andrew Devine – Cryx – 6/10/18

My list:
Elara, Death's Shadow (Shadows of the Retribution)
-Siren
-Siren
-Chimera
-Moros
Arcanist Mechanik
Narn, Mage Hunter of Ios
Max Mage Hunter Infiltrators
Max Mage Hunter Infiltrators
-Eiryss, Mage Hunter Commander
Max Mage Hunter Strike Force
-Commander
Max Mage Hunter Strike Force
-Commander

His List:
Pirate Queen Skarre (Slaughter Fleet Raiders)
-Satyxis Blood Priestess
-Stalker
-Stalker
-Stalker
-Stalker
General Gerlak Slaughterborn
Aiakos, Scourge of the Meredius
-Kharybdis
Axiara Wraithblade
Max Blighted Trollkin Marauders
-Jussika Bloodtongue
Min Black Ogrun Boarding Party
Min Black Ogrun Boarding Party
Scharde Dirge Seers
Black Ogrun Ironmongers

Round 4 of the Nationals and I finally manage to drop my Vyros2 habit, dropping Elara2 who I'm hoping has decent game into Cryx. I win the roll to go first and we get going.

Elara puts up Scything Touch onto Narn and takes residence in the central trench. Everything runs up, staying at a range where the Stalkers will have to either Charge or Jump to get into Melee.



Andrew Feats on 15 models, allocates Focus, and casts Dark Guidance. The Stalkers move in a kill off a decent number of Mage Hunters, jamming deep into my lines. The Dirge Seers cloud up and move in front of Skarre.



If I can get a Convection onto Skarre I only need a boosted 12 to kill her, so I work on clearing a path and line of site for my Chimera. A CRA from the Strike Force take out the Dirge Seer cloud and Moros shoots off the one blocking Marauder. The first Convection misses but I'm all in at this point, so I go for the second and it takes her down.



VICTORY

I really don't know how this game would have played out, and as a test for the list it was pretty poor, but I saw an opportunity and felt that I had to go for it. I ended the game at 3-1, and with only 5 unbeaten players it was likely that the event would only go on 2 more rounds the next day so I was keen to push on for as good a result as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment