title

title

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Game 276: Elara2 vs Vlad2


Game 276 – Vs Jonny Jennings – Khador – 21/10/18

My list:
Elara, Death's Shadow (Shadows of the Retribution)
-Siren
-Siren
-Chimera
-Aspis
Arcanist Mechanik
Max Mage Hunter Infiltrators
Max Mage Hunter Infiltrators
-Eiryss, Mage Hunter Commander
Max Mage Hunter Strike Force
-Commander
Max Mage Hunter Strike Force
-Commander
Spears of Scyrah

His List:
Vladimir Tzepesci, the Dark Champion (Armoured Corps)
-Devastator
-Juggernaut
Man-O-War Kovnik
Man-O-War Strike Tanker
Man-O-War Strike Tanker
Man-O-War Suppression Tanker
Man-O-War Suppression Tanker
Kayazy Eliminators
Kommandant Atanas Arconovich & Standard
Max Man-O-War Demolition Corps
-Sergeant Dragos Dragadovich
Max Man-O-War Shocktroopers
- Man-O-War Shocktrooper Officer
Man-O-War Siege Chariot

Back to my Elara list for a game into Khador. Can Man-O-Wars be taken down with pow 9 melee attacks. As suggested in my last Elara report I’ve made a few tweaks to my list, dropping Moros and Narn for an Aspis and the Spears of Scyrah. Having 3 Reach models in the list gives me some great targets for Scything Touch and some shield guards for the turns where I overcommit. I win the first turn and after Jonny’s Advance Moves we get going.

Scything Touch goes onto the Leader of the Spears and everything presses up the table, being careful to stay out of the threat ranges of the Advanced Moved troops.



Jonny mainly moves up and takes a few pot shots into my army. He puts down a Covering Fire in front of my infiltrators. After doing this to other people for around a year I am finding it pretty annoying.



Ambush time. I switch Scything Touch onto an Infiltrator and between a couple from the AD unit and most of the Ambushers I am able to take out both of the tankers on the right flank and the Chariot. It was a pretty good turn.



Jonny Feats and manages to dig pretty deep into my army, setting me a tricky puzzle to solve with surprisingly high defence Demolition Corps.

I counter this by putting out Marked for Death onto the unit and proceed to deal as much damage as possible. I got pretty luck removing the Eliminators, one of which required a hard 9, and was pushing up pretty well until a huge swing of luck for me. I had removed 4 of the Demo Corps which was pretty decent, but a last minute Siren shot into the Kovnik rolled the boosted 14 to kill him, allowing the Kovnik to walk up and take out another Demo Corp. It was a huge swing on a dice roll. I had crushed the right flank at this point and was just trying to retain control on the left. Nobody scores.



Jonny pushes up as much as he can to stop me turning my attrition advantage into a scenario one as well, but isn’t able to do too much damage to my forces. The Shocktroopers are down to a 9 inch threat now which it pretty sad. Jonny scores the left zone to lead 1-0.



I continue to push hard on the right, taking out the Juggernaut and last Demo Corp. I deal some damage to Jonny’s objective and generally spread around the zone to make it difficult for him to score. 1-1.



Jonny goes through a handful of activations before deciding that the game has gone and conceding.

VICTORY

This list plays so nicely when you can crush a flank like this. Yes, Jonny played into my ambushers too much, but even if the Infiltrators had just come on and run he would really have struggled to deal with them with so few meaningful activations. I think the change to the Spears was a great move, as it allowed me to cover say, the whole unit of Demo Corps rather than just a couple of models with Scything Touch. There is a real weakness in terms of scoring flags in the list now, but if you can take the table and attrition game the scenario will tick over through other means.


No comments:

Post a Comment