title

title

Thursday 3 January 2019

Game 279: Elara2 vs Aiakos2


Game 279 – Vs Lee Dowbekin – Cryx – 30/11/18

My list:
Elara, Death's Shadow (Shadows of the Retribution)
-Siren
-Siren
-Chimera
-Aspis
Arcanist Mechanik
Max Mage Hunter Infiltrators
Max Mage Hunter Infiltrators
-Eiryss, Mage Hunter Commander
Max Mage Hunter Strike Force
-Commander
Max Mage Hunter Strike Force
-Commander
Spears of Scyrah

His List:
Captain Aiakos (Slaughter Fleet Raiders)
-Satyxis Blood Priestess
-Deathripper
-Deathripper
-Leviathan
-Reaper
Axiara Wraithblade
General Gerlak Slaughterborn
Min Black Ogrun Boarding Party
Black Ogrun Ironmongers
Max Black Ogrun Smog Belchers
Max Bloodgorgers
-Jussika Bloodtongue
Scharde Dirge Seers

This weekend I played 9 games of Warmachine. This is, in my opinion, quite a lot. The first 2 games were at my local club on Friday evening, testing out the lists I was intending to take to two tournaments over the weekend, Elara2 in Shadows and Goreshade4 in Defenders. First up was Lee, playing Cryx so I felt good dropping Elara. Lee won first turn but gave it to me in order to pick sides instead, and we got moving.

I move up, put Scything Touch out onto one of the Spears and just swarm the table. Having played Goreshade in Legions for the last couple of games, the speed of this list is much more my cup of tea.



Lee moves up, puts out clouds with the Smog Belchers, taking out a couple of Strike Force with the drifts. Assail is cast onto one of the heavies and everything runs up into position, hoping to oversaturate the table.



But honestly, that doesn’t really work against this Elara list, it just projects too much threat in too many areas. My number one task this turn is to take out Gerlak, and manage to get to hm with a couple of Infiltrators to take him down. For there it was just a matter of pressing up under feat and taking stuff out. By the end of the turn both heavies are gone, all the Boarding Party, 3 of the Smog Belchers and most of the Bloodgorgers. It was a pretty devastating turn.



Lee knows that his only chance is assassination, and Aiakos usually has something up his sleeve. He manages to clear out a landing spot allowing him to jump onto Elara, but the dice he needs are just too high and she pretty comfortable survives.



My Aspis walks up, Headbutts Aiakos, and Elara exacts her revenge.



VICTORY

This game really showed how strong this list is when people don’t layer into it properly. I was still pleased with how I played it though, especially scalpelling out Gerlak pretty early in the turn. I feel really comfortable with this list now, and couldn’t wait to put it down in a proper tournament environment at the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment