title

title

Tuesday 14 March 2017

Introduction

Hello all and welcome to the start of my Retribution blog.
I started this blog on the Privateer Press Retribution sub-forum before they were removed. A forum moderator was kind enough to dig out the text for me so I am reposting here and will be adding to it over time.
I have been playing Warmachine for a number of years now playing Menoth in Mk2 before switching to Cygnar at the start of Mk3 with pretty decent success. 9 months later I feel like playing Cygnar has lost some of the shine for me and I have been looking for something new. I bought a job lot of unpainted Retribution from a friend, added a few bits to update for Mk3 and I’m ready to go.
This blog will cover both painting and battle reports along with occasional posts on how I feel about the faction in general.
My starting list for the faction will be the list known colloquially as “Pacific Rim” usually followed by at least two or three exclamation marks. This list really excites me and I can’t wait to get it into games. I will be using the version with Helynna as the caster, with the four free solos being Sylys (a tricky inclusion to justify, but I think worth it to extend the range of Hand of Destruction to 12”), an Artificer and to Mechanics.
I am building towards the Welsh Open at the moment, which is a two list, seven round Masters event on the 13th and 14th of May. Last year I went 4 wins 3 losses with Menoth so I am hoping to beat that result. I foresee a great deal of this blog will be trying to find a pair for the colossals list.
Painting wise I am going for an orange scheme with turquoise as a spot colour for the gems. The scheme was inspired by the blog of Gdaymate on the old Privateer Press forums (may they rest in peace), so if anyone knows him please pass on my anger, painting orange is not something a middle-ability painter should be taking on.

So far I have my support for the list painted, and have the three colossal painted to the point that they are usable in practice games (bodies and legs painted and assembled, with arms to follow once completed). I love the Retribution models so painting is not feeling like a chore at the moment, though I am warned that my opinion on that may change once I start taking on Dawnguard Sentinels.
Thanks for reading, and I hope you stick around as I get my first few games in.

No comments:

Post a Comment