title

title

Tuesday 10 July 2018

Game 220: Vyros2 vs Skarre1


Game 220 – Vs Mark – Cryx – 30/06/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Pirate Queen Skarre (Dark Host)
-Skarlock Thrall
-Stalker
-Stalker
-Stalker
-Deathripper
Wraith Engine
Wraith Engine
Bane Lord Tartarus
Machine Wraith
Scrap Thrall
Soul Trapper
Min Bane Riders
Max Bane Riders
Cephalyx Overlords

Round 3 is Vyros2 vs Skarre1, a tough matchup with few magical attack but one that might have game. I go first.

I respect the Stalkers to an extent but can’t afford to sit out of their threat so I put Griffons into their threat range.



Mark moves up but stays out of threat of my warjacks with all but the Battle Engines, preparing for a turn 2 Feat.



I can get to one of the Stalkers by charging into the back of a Hunter’s Marked Wraith Engine, so I build up Synergy and go for it. The plan works well and I take out the Stalker, Feating to protect against the Skarre alpha strike.



Mark can get a Feated and Dark Guidanced Bane Rider and Wraith Engine to Vyros, and takes him out.

DEFEAT

-      I could have protected against the assassination, but it would have required a lot of forward thinking. The only model available to block the WE landing spot was Lanyssa, and she had to be basically my first activation and I just hadn’t seen the danger.
-      Had Vyros taken out the Machine Wraith that would have removed the possibility of the Rider attack, and maybe the scales would have turned in my favour a bit.
-      Regardless, I am starting to get somewhere with this match up, and was really pleased with how I dealt with the Stalker
-      1-2 wasn’t exactly great for the event, but I learnt a lot about my lists and they were all incredibly useful games

No comments:

Post a Comment