title

title

Friday 3 November 2017

Game 108: Vyros2 vs Gaspy1

Game 108 – Vs Brian Russell – Cryx – 01/11/17

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Aspis
-Imperatus
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
House Shyeel Magister
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Iron Lich Asphyxious
-The Withershadow Combine
-Cankerworm
-Nightmare
-Nightwretch
Pistol Wraith
Warwitch Siren
Hellslinger Phantom
Bane Lord Tartarus
Max Bane Warriors
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Max Blackbane’s Ghost Raiders

With Blood and Oil looming and having not played my two main lists for a while I felt the need to get in a practice game or 2 with Vyros2 and Issyria. I had already showed Brian what Issyria could do to an unprepared Cryx army so before knowing that he had brought Gaspy1 I decided to drop Vyros. Having had a good feeling of Vyros into Coven I am intrigued to test him into wider Cryx and assuming that Issy can scare off Ghost Fleet I feel pretty good with the Griffon spam into the rest. Brian won first turn and we got moving.

Brian runs up with his forces, putting Scything Touch on the Blackbane unit (neither of us caught that this was model only, and it didn’t have a huge effect on the game). Nightmare Preys Imperatus and moves up the left flank.

Gaspy1 is a strong caster, but does nothing to increase his forces predictable threat ranges and so it is pretty simple for me to get a long way up the table and stay out of threat ranges. The support staff stay 9” behind the jacks to protect themselves from Gaspy’s feat and Vyros casts Deceleration and moves aggressively up to behind the central building.



With my stuff all out of threat ranges Brian is left to just rearrange and prepare for my attack. He backs off in some areas forcing my Griffons to Fleet and Charge if I want to get to him, and the Hellslinger runs to his flag to force me to at least contest it. The Ghost Pirates spread out and Bane Warriors advance up the centre.



I realise that if I can get up into Brian’s face with most of my lights I can score 2 uncontested points and start a really strong scenario play. The way the Cryx forces have been positioned makes it difficult to kill too much, but a Twister from Vyros clears out a Bane and 2 Pirates, his guns kill another, before Imperatus goes in, takes out the Hellslinger after a Side Step, and then clears out 3 more, leaving just 2 Ghosts alive. On the left and centre my Griffons do a bit of damage to his jacks but the dice weren’t exactly stellar. Vyros feats and I score twice to lead 2-0.



Gaspy starts the turn by casting Parasite onto Imperatus, before the remaining Blackbanes deal decent damage to it and set him on fire. The Banes and jacks between them destroy 3 Griffons, dealing decent damage to other, but with a feat move late in the turn Brian realises that his caster is in serious danger. He scrambles to protect him, but it is a moot point. I score 2 more points on my zone and flag, and all I have to do is end my turn to win 6-0.



VICTORY


Vyros2 in a game where he seriously out-threats his opponent on a very live scenario is always going to be very difficult to deal with. I’m actually not sure I played this game particularly well as I may have thrown away more Griffons than I had to, but it was a good result nonetheless. I still feel pretty comfortable with the list and I’m looking forward to giving it another good run out at Blood & Oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment