title

title

Tuesday 21 November 2017

Game 116: Elara2 vs Deneghra1

Game 116 – Vs Brian Russell – Cryx – 15/11/17

My list:
Elara, Death’s Shadow (Defenders of Ios)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Manticore
-Manticore
-Chimera
Arcantrik Force Generator
Houseguard Thane
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Fane Knight Skyreth Issyen
Heavy Rifle Team
Heavy Rifle Team
Max Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Max Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters

His List:
Warwitch Deneghra
-Kraken
-Reaper
-Slayer
-Defiler
Pistol Wraith
Warwitch Siren
Bane Lord Tartarus
Max Bane Warriors
-Officer & Standard Bearer

Post most major events I switch up my lists and try out something new. I have seen a lot of fellow Ret players having good results with Elara2, so I decided to give her a go. I only have one unit of Halberdiers posted so the list isn’t fully optimised yet but I decided to see how it feels regardless. First up was Brian, who was proxying a Kraken to see how that felt with Deneghra. I win the first turn and off we go.

After Advance Moving the Halberdiers, they Shield Wall and advance up the table, the distance they can reach is incredible. The rest of my forces run up whilst Elara advance, casts Scything Touch on a Halberdier, and Teleports further forward to take up an aggressive position.



The Banes advance up the right flank, threatening the right rectangular zone. After the Arc Node runs up into threat, Deneghra casts a Crippling Grasp onto the Halberdiers. The Kraken advances up and fires it’s AOE at them, killing the one directly hit, and 2 of the others. The rest of his foreces move up, but not aggressively enough.



I’m not in a rush to destroy everything, and want to try out Elara’s toolkit so make a start on the forces on the left. I use the Chimera to Arc a Marked for Death onto the Pistol Wraith, and shoot the Bone Chicken with the AFG, slamming it down. The Halberdiers then use their Mini-Feat and destroy both. The Manticores lay down some Covering Fire in front of the Banes and the rest of my forces move up.



The Banes pour through my ill constructed Covering Fire wall, and get a decent presence in the left zone. The Cryx Heavies clear out all but one of the Halberdiers, before the Kraken aims and shoots at the Fane Knight, dealing 5 points of damage to him. Deneghra moves into the trench but doesn’t Feat.



With Brian staying back too much it is time to punish him by getting up on scenario. I destroy the objective with the shots from the 2 HRTs (rolled pretty high) and move the Manticore up to toe the left zone, building a better Covering Fire wall with the second Manticore. With Scything Touch cast onto the last Halberdier, they and the Nyss charge the Slayer and destroy it. I score 2CP to take an early lead.



The Cryx jacks do a good job of clearing out the left flank, destroying several Nyss and finishing off the Fane Knight, but the Banes get pulled in 2 different direction so that neither zone is heavily contested. Brian doesn’t bother to Feat as he knows the game is up anyway. I score the left zone again to lead 3-0.



Only needing to clear one zone to win I decide to do it the classy way. After the AFG slams the Reaper out of the zone Elara Feats and charges into Tartarus, buying attacks on it and the 2 Banes until they are all dead. I score 2 more CP to win 5-0.



VICTORY


Brian has been getting a lot better recently, but still being new to the game I think he got caught out by how quickly I could lock him out of the scenario and win by 5CP. I liked the feel of the list, but know that I didn’t play is particularly well. I don’t really think the HRTs and AFG particularly fit in the list, and I will be trying a double Halbs list once I get them painted. Like the look of her though and can’t wait to play more games.

No comments:

Post a Comment