title

title

Friday 10 August 2018

Game 236: Rahn vs Arkadius


Game 236 – Vs Adam Jones – Minions – 09/08/18

My list:
Adeptis Rahn (Defenders of Ios)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Chimera
-Phoenix
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcanist Mechanik
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen
Houseguard Thane
Ghost Sniper
Ghost Sniper
Max Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Min Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer

His List:
Dr. Arkadius (Will Work for Food)
-Targ
-Gorax Rager
-Gorax Rager
-Gun Boar
-Gun Boar
-Razor Boar
-Razor Boar
-Road Hog
-Road Hog
-War Hog
-War Hog
Bog Trog Mist Speaker
Gatorman Witch Doctor
Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew

Casual Thursday night game against my clubmate Adam, using Dr Arkadius, a caster who has always scared me due to his crazy threats and angles. Adam wins the first turn and I pick completely the wrong table side.

Forced Evolution goes onto one of the Road Hogs and everything runs up, respecting my threat ranges.

I realise I have picked the wrong side, tilt, and play like an idiot. I miscalculate the threat range of War Hogs getting into my AFG and so sent too many Polarity Shield Halberdiers forward to block them off. Not my finest moment.

Adam kills off a lot of Halberdiers from the max unit, significantly reducing my damage potential.



I finally get my head in the game and start playing some half decent Warmachine, taking out Hutchuck, both Razor Boars and both Gorax, removing Primal from the table. I score my zone to lead 1-0.



Adam’s number one aim this turn is to take out the Phoenix, so works at clearing a path and uses the Feat to get the threat range needed. Unfortunately with Primal gone and with cover from the building the War Hog can’t take the Phoenix out, and Adam’s dice further abandon him as he can’t take out Skyreth Issyen. 3-1 to Adam.



I press on with attrition as best I can, taking out the War Hog who failed on the Phoenix and the Forced Evolution Road Hog. 3-1.



Adam just has to clear zones to win and succeeds in going so. 6-1.



DEFEAT

-      So many mistakes in the first turn or so, but played pretty well after that.
-      Thought that this would be a good match up but I was definitely wrong as the effective walking threat of the beasts is so far. I think it would have been much better with the other table side though.
-      Thankfully not many people play Arkadius…

No comments:

Post a Comment