title

title

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Game 242: Vyros2 vs Grim1


Game 242 – Vs Andy Garrard – Trollbloods – 11/08/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Grim Angus (The Power of Dhunia)
-Trollkin Runebearer
-Dire Troll Mauler
-Dire Troll Mauler
-Earthborn Dire Troll
-Mulg the Ancient
-Troll Axer
-Troll Impaler
Troll Whelps
Troll Whelps
Farrow Valkyries
Min Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes
-Stone Scribe Elder

Having seen how the Vyros/Kolgrimma match plays out Andy wanted to see if Grim would fare any better. Andy wins the first turn.

Weald Secrets is cast onto the right Mauler and everything runs up, with Rush helping Mulg keep up



I advance, staying out of threat of everything except the Earthborn



Grim moves up and Feats, catching my entire front line. The Earthborn does charge in and takes out a Griffon. Mulg sits right in my face, but just out of reach.



With Fleet I can get 2 Griffons to the Earthborn, with another to build up Synergy first, so I pull the trigger and do manage to take the Earthborn out. The rest of my turn is just trying to protect Manticores from Mulg, so I run a few pieces up and Feat. 1-1.



Andy’s priority this turn is to score as many CPs as possible to put me under scenario pressure, but the one real strength of V2’s feat is pretty much always being able to contest, so after performing a lot of throws he only scores 2 to lead 3-1.



I play for attrition and take out the Impaler, Mauler and Mulg, but Whelp placement makes scoring impossible and means I have to commit Vyros more than I would have wanted. 4-2.



Andy really needs to win this turn, so either scoring 3 or killing Vyros. The scoring is pretty much off the table so he puts together an excellent assassination run with the Axer healing from Whelps to get to Vyros who had been knocked down by a throw from the Mauler. Vyros is taken out.



DEFEAT

-      Really fun game. I was pleased with how well my list stood up to Grim’s Feat, and on a less live scenario I could have played a bit safer and probably ground the game out.
-      This and my Rahn list were submitted to the WTC and locked in. As of this morning the lists have been revealed. I am so excited to get involved in this amazing event.

No comments:

Post a Comment