title

title

Tuesday 2 January 2018

Game 127: Vyros2 vs Old Witch2

Game 127 – Vs Jonny Jennings – Khador – 30/12/17

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Aspis
-Imperatus
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
House Shyeel Magister
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Zevanna Agha, The Fate Keeper (Winter Guard Kommand)
-Juggernaut
-Juggernaut
-Marauder
-Marauder
Winter Guard Gun Carriage
Winter Guard Gun Carriage
Kovnik Josef Grigorovich
Min Battle Mechaniks
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew
Winter Guard Mortar Crew
Min Winter Guard Rifle Corps
-Winter Guard Rocketeer
-Winter Guard Rocketeer
-Winter Guard Rocketeer

Final gaming day of the year at the club saw me get 3 games in. The first was against Jonny’s Khador, and he dropped the new hotness Old Witch2, in Winter Guard Kommand. I feel that the biggest weakness of my new pair is having no clear Khador drop so time to see if Vyros can get the job done. I go first and we get moving.

I run everything up, giving all the Griffons Fleet through either Vyros’ Focus or an Arcanist unit. Vyros puts up Deceleration to protect against any shots that may come in, and I take an aggressive position around the central cloud.

Jonny starts by running the 2 Gun Carriages up the flanks to threaten at a later turn. The jacks move to the edge of my threat zones (without Fleet) and Winter Guard take some shots into me, but into ARM20 Griffons they don’t really get any work done.



Vyros’ assassination threat is insane, even when a good opponent like Jonny thinks he’s safe. I use the Magister to pull the closest Marauder closer into Imperatus’ threat range. Synergy is built with 3 Griffons before Vyros moves up and puts 2 Twisters into Old Witch, sadly dealing no damage. Imperatus charges the Marauder, Side-Steps twice up to the Witch, and puts 3 P+S22 attacks into her, killing her through a single Focus.



VICTORY


It’s nice to have a game like this with Vyros every now and then because it is so good to see the assassination angles he has. It is a shame in a way that I didn’t get to see the attrition game into Khador but the threat of assassination is always there; especially if I go first. I was really surprised by how squishy OW2 was, I would have expected her to have far more boxes than that, but that’s her balancing factor I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment