title

title

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Game 135: Vyros2 vs Kolgrimma

Game 135 – Vs James White – Trollbloods – 20/1/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Aspis
-Imperatus
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
House Shyeel Magister
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Kolgrimma Stonetruth, Winter Witch
-Trollkin Runebearer
-Dire Troll Mauler
-Earthborn Dire Troll
-Dire Troll Brawler
-Mulg the Ancient
-Troll Axer
-Winter Troll
Northkin Shaman
Troll Whelps
Dhunian Knot
Max Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scrobes
-Northkin Elder

Round 3 of the UKISS Steamroller and I face against the only other undefeated non-Legion player; James White with his Trolls. He had a pairing of Madrak1 and Kolgrimma. I think that 2 rough long games with Madrak had a lot of influence on his decision to drop Kolgrimma, but I felt pretty confident with Vyros into her. I won the first turn and got moving.

With no shooting on the other side of the table I felt pretty happy throwing out all of Vyros’ focus to the Griffons, allowing them all to Fleet and Run up the field, taking up a lot of table space.



James tentatively advanced up the table, staying out of the considerable threat ranges of my jacks. Kolgrimma dumps all her Focus into the stone and remains central. 2 Whelps and the Sorcerer advance up to the flag on the right flank.



I know I’m in a good position and just need to bring his beasts in piecemeal to get up in the game. I move hard to the right, pushing towards James’ flag, whilst just leaving the Artificer on the left flag with Polarity Field up.



Kolgrimma feats to push my forward forces back and deny the closest Griffons Pathfinder, but unfortunately also pushes the Artificer out of range of Arcing her Spray through Mulg. Clouds are put down for the MAT drop on my forces, and the Earthborn is pushed forward as an opening gambit. We both score our zones to start out at 1-1.



My main aim this turn is just to score points and keep as safe as possible. If I keep doing that then eventually he is going to have to come into me. I try to pull the Earthborn in with the Magister but I miss, so I just block him up with an Aspis, move solos to the flags and kill the Sorcerer with a Griffon. The score moves to 4-2.



James starts on the task of killing off my jacks, the Brawler taking out the blocking Aspis, allowing a Rage powered Earthborn to take out one and a half Griffons whilst contesting the flag. Kolgrimma sprays off the Artificer on the flag and the rest of his forces reposition ready to be the next wave of attack. The score moves to 5-3.

3 unanswered points will win the game, and it isn’t too difficult to find them. A Fleeted Griffon can run though into James’ zone, an Arcanist takes the left flag, and my Magister Combo Smites the Earthborn out of contesting range of the flag. I score the 3 points to win 8-3.



VICTORY


A very favoured match up for me, but one that I still had to keep on top of to win. Again, had the scenario win not been an option I would have felt pretty confident playing an attrition game from where we were, as I could have taken 2 Heavies pretty easily and not given up much in return. As it was I could get the easy win and advance to the final round. 3 players were on 3-0 at this stage, both the others being Legion. My strength of schedule was looking really bad so I knew that I would need to win the last round to take one of the top 2 spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment