title

title

Saturday 13 January 2018

Game 132: Vyros2 vs Rhyas

Game 132 – Vs Mark Ellis – Legion of Everblight – 11/1/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Aspis
-Imperatus
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
House Shyeel Magister
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Rhyas, Sigil of Everblight (Oracles of Annihilation)
-Succubus
-Carnivean
-Nephilim Protector
-Seraph
-Zuriel
Throne of Everblight
Blighted Nyss Shepherd
Blighted Nyss Shepherd
The Forsaken
Wrong Eye
-Snapjaw
Blackfrost Shard

Mark is still looking for a Legion pair that he really loves and today was giving a shot to Rhyas in Oracles of Annihilation. It was an interesting list where you have to be really careful not to get caught out by her feat turn. Mark won the first turn and we got moving.

Mark gets to start with his upkeeps in play and so begins the game with Rapport on the Carnivean and Occultation on the Throne. He runs all his forces up, using Slipstreams to get an extra couple of inches. Zuriel leads the line to threaten me on my first turn.



I throw my 2 Aspis up the table to take the Alpha, keeping the rest as safe as possible behind them to retaliate next turn. I put up Deceleration as his list has a deceptive amount of shooting and magic and prepare for his next turn.



The Blackfrost Shard put Harm onto one Aspis, and Rhyas charges it, destroys it and Sprints back behind the building (I forgot she had that). Zuriel comes in to kill the other Aspis and force me to commit something serious to kill it. The rest of his forces move up to prepare for next turn.



I worry for a good few minutes about where I can keep Vyros and Imperatus safe before moving Vyros back to the edge of the Killbox and feating. I send 3 Griffons in to Zuriel to kill it, and a fourth to take out the Harm guy from the Blackfrost Shard. I pull my other Griffons towards the left and use the Magister to score my flag for a 1-0 lead.



Rhyas feats and starts the turn by charging and killing a Griffon. Some bad dice on Mark’s part mean it takes all of her focus to do it, but she is able to Sprint back to the safety of the building. The Carnivean takes out another Griffon before the Throne comes in to start its fun. It charges a Griffon before placing behind it, and then uses its other attacks and spells to take out all of my support staff apart from 2 Arcanists from a unit and Sylys. This gives me a load of Feat moves and I move as best as I can to set up my next turn. Mark scores his own flag to level at 1-1.



With no Arcanist Mechaniks left for Concentrated Power I don’t feel like attrition is going to work, but my luck with Rhyas being on zero Fury gives me a chance. My 3 remaining Griffons build up the Synergy chain before Vyros clears Imperatus’ path by killing the last 2 Shard members and Quick Working a shot to kill The Forsaken. He attempts a Twister at Rhyas but is scatters off. All that leaves is for Imperatus to go in. He has to go through the Succubus for a Sidestep before getting to Rhyas with 1 fully boosted attack. Star Crossed makes the boosted 8 questionable, but I get it and roll exactly the boosted 10 to kill the caster



VICTORY


Another tough game as my most regular club mates learn how to play into Vyros. Rhyas’ threat is insane and I don’t feel comfortable playing this defensively especially into Legion. Had Mark killed the Griffon with a Fury to spare or placed his Protector/Seraph slightly differently the assassination might have been off the table. Had I needed to play through attrition I think the biggest issue would have been the Throne, so I was glad I was able to find an assassination route out. That was my last practice game before a Steamroller next week where I have to decide whether to pair Vyros with Kaelyssa or Elara

No comments:

Post a Comment