title

title

Friday 3 August 2018

Game 230: Rahn vs Terminus


Game 230 – Vs Ben Leach – Cryx – 28/07/18

My list:
Adeptis Rahn (Defenders of Ios)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Chimera
-Phoenix
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcanist Mechanik
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen
Houseguard Thane
Ghost Sniper
Ghost Sniper
Max Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Min Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer

His List:
Lich Lord Terminus (Dark Host)
-Barathrum
-Inflictor
Wraith Engine
Wraith Engine
Bane Lord Tartarus
Darragh Wrathe
Necrotech
Soul Trapper
Max Bane Warriors
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Max Bane Warriors
-Officer & Standard Bearer

Saturday was the final North West UKISS qualifier, so I took it as an opportunity to further test my Rahn list. I made some changes, dropping the Stormfalls and Lynus and Edrea to put in 2 Ghost Snipers and a Houseguard Thane. Round 1 saw me up against Ben with Terminus. He got the first turn.

Terminus casts Malediction and all the undead run.

I put up Polarity Shield on the Max Halberdiers, shoot off a Bane with Eiryss, and get up the table out of threat.



Not too much for Ben to do here so he continues his advance, flanking pretty hard with the Wraith Engines.

I have a real opportunity on the left flank. After a couple of TKs the Phoenix is able to get into the Wraith Engine, leaving it on a couple of boxes. The AFG finishes it off before the Halberdiers charge into the Bane Warriors, leaving only a couple alive. On the right I just hold position, knowing that I am in a strong position. I score twice to lead 2-0



I’ve managed to stop Ben getting anything significant to the Phoenix, so whilst he can take out a few Halberdiers he isn’t able to press on too much on that flank. On the right everything runs up to engage and jam. 2-1 to me.



The Phoenix has a great spot for a Combustion into the Banes, and is still able to finish off the Inflictor which had been knocked down and dinged up by the AFG. On the right the second AFG and Issyen take out the Wraith Engine and the min Halberdiers make a start on the Banes. 4-1 to me.



Post Feat turn Terminus has a lot of Focus to play with, so goes in to kill the Phoenix and a load of Halberdiers. The Banes on the right bring back some friends and continue the fight with the Halberdiers, but he is struggling to get close to the AFGs. 4-3 to me.



Terminus is only close to one Undead model so I line up a pretty solid assassination. Rahn TKs Terminus next to Darragh, before Force Hammering him down and TKing Tartarus away. Eiryss shoots off his Focus before the AFG finishes him off with plenty of attacks to spare.



VICTORY

-      Much prefer this Rahn list. I may miss the cloud removal sometimes but those matchups should be covered by Vyros
-      This list can deal with Wraith Engines really well. The 15” threat from the Phoenix is a huge deal.
-      The Min Halb unit did more than I expected, and held down the right flank really nicely

No comments:

Post a Comment