title

title

Friday 3 August 2018

Game 231: Vyros2 vs Orion


Game 231 – Vs Chris Young – Convegence of Cyriss – 28/07/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Eminent Configurator Orion (Destruction Initiative)
-Assimilator
-Assimilator
-Conservator
-Corrollary
-Monitor
-Monitor
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex
Attunement Servitors
Elimination Servitors
Elimination Servitors
Elimination Servitors
Reflex Servitors
Transfinite Emergence Projector & Permutation Servitors

Round 2 sees me play against club mate Chris with his Convergence, a match up that I am still not practiced enough into. Chris won the roll to go first and we got moving.

Avenging Force goes onto Orion and everything tramples of runs up the table.

I can take most of the shooting pretty well so just get up the table as far as possible, making sure that there is no way the TEP can spray more than one Griffon at once. Deceleration goes up to force Chris to spend Focus to ignore it.



Chris moves up and puts some gun shots into me, removing one of the Griffons and splashing around some additional damage.



I figure that I can remove 2 threats this turn, and opt for one of the shooty heavies and the TEP. Synergy is built and I send the Griffons in, taking them out, but having to leave Vyros in an aggressive position to do so. 2-0 to me.



Chris feels forced into an assassination and due to my forgetting Mage Sight he has a pretty decent chance. His shooting jacks hit all their 10s to hit before the Conservator goes in to finish the job



DEFEAT

-      I think I overestimated the threat of the TEP in this game. Had I gone for the Conservator instead I would have been able to hold Vyros back and deal with the Battle Engine in a later turn.
-      Convergence is still a real struggle for me in terms of reps into them, so any game against them is a bonus

No comments:

Post a Comment