title

title

Friday 3 August 2018

Game 226: Vyros2 vs Testament


Game 226 – Vs Billy Cruickshanks – Menoth – 15/07/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Testament of Menoth (Exemplar Interdiction)
-Devout
-Devout
-Vigilant
Exemplar Warder Elias Gade
Knights Exemplar Seneschal
Knights Exemplar Seneschal
Min Exemplar Errants
Max Exemplar Errants
Max Exemplar Vengers
Knights Exemplar
Max Idrian Skirmishers
-Chieftain & Guide

Our second round into Scotland and my second game into Billy’s Menoth. The matchup comes out the same way again, and once again I went first.

Deceleration and run.



Ashen Veil on the Idrians and run in response. Let the games begin.



Discretion being the better part of valour I keep more Focus on Vyros that I did last game, but still manage to take out a decent number of Exemplars, putting down a Covering Fire to force his Feat next turn.



Billy does Feat, and kills 3 Griffons. My Feat means we play an interesting dance with my trying to engineer an assassination angle with Vyros, but he manages to block it off. 1-0 to Billy.



I kill more Exemplars and put down another Covering Fire template. I lead 2-1.



I lose a Manticore and a Griffon, attrition is starting to go badly. 3-2 to Billy



I kill more Exemplars. Support staff have resorted to making attacks, they do better than I expected. 4-3 to me.



I lose a Griffon and some support, I am pushed right back into my zone. 5-4 to Billy



The game is lost, and I’m just trying to score what I can at this point. Exemplars die, but my ability to contest has gone. 5-7 to Billy.



Not too much dies from this turn, Billy just keeps the pressure on. 5-9.



I can’t stop Billy winning this turn, but have the opportunity to actually take out a unit, so do so and finish off the max unit of Errants. It is a great success. I lose 11-5.



DEFEAT

-      That Testament list just grinds so well, without RFP or incredible infantry removal at range I just don’t know how you could get through it. Possibility to reintroduce Shadows at some point post WTC to deal with this kind of thing
-      Team lost the round 3-2, a disappointing result after taking them down yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Fun fact : The Manticore's covering fire does magical damage, so Testament's feat does change anything, they still take the pow 12 when walking throough it.

    Still a pretty bad matchup as I see it, like you said it's very hard to out-attrition this list without some RFP.

    ReplyDelete