title

title

Friday 3 August 2018

Game 232: Vyros2 vs Old Witch3


Game 232 – Vs Ben Hampshire – Grymkin – 28/07/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Zevanna Agha, the Fate Keeper (Dark Menagerie)
-Cage Rager
-Cage Rager
-Crabbit
-Frightmare
-Gorehound
-Rattler
-Rattler
-Skin & Moans
-Skin & Moans
Death Knell
Gremlin Swarm
Gremlin Swarm
Gremlin Swarm
Gremlin Swarm

Final round (for me, the event went to a 4th but I always had to drop) saw me up against fellow England WTC player Ben Hampshire, and his Grymkin. I was really glad to get the opportunity to try Vyros2 into Dark Menagerie, and he OW list was an ideal test. I won the first turn.

Everything runs. Including Vyros. He is right up there, like a champion.



Ben moves up in a classic brick formation, with Reconstruct on one of the Skin & Moans.



I decide to back off a bit, out of threat ranges on the right, but threatening the entire zone so that I can react as soon as Ben comes in to contest. I shoot around half the boxes off the front Cage Rager.

Ben commits fairly heavily to take out 2 Griffons, with the Cage Rager, Rattler and Gorehound. Ben scores his own flag to lead 1-0.



I counterattack hard, taking out the Gorehound, both Cage Ragers and unfortunately leaving the left S&M on around 5 boxes. I feat and score 2 to lead 2-1.



The 2 S&Ms take out my 2 Manticores and Ben contests my scoring elements. 3-2 to Ben.



I finish off the injured S&M, the left Rattler and the Frightmare, again scoring 2 CPs retake a 4-3 lead.



Ben takes out 2 Griffons and levels at 4-4

OW has had to spend down to 0 to stay even in the attrition game, so I have a pretty good assassination on the table. Vyros clears the models in the way and I build Synergy by accidentally killing the Death Knell (OW wasn’t in the bubble). Hunters Mark is cast on OW and the Griffon goes in. Without Concentrated Power it is a 70% chance to kill but she is left on 3 boxes. 5-5.



Ben plays well to unpick the counter assassination, moving through the Griffon with Curse of Shadows, removing the blocking Artificer and getting the S&M in to take out Vyros.



DEFEAT

-      This was an amazingly fun game, and I was surprised at how much game Vyros had into Grymkin. More practice needed but the Gremlins weren’t as much of an issue as I’d feared they would be.
-      Rough day results wise but really useful in terms of experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment