title

title

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Game 241: Vyros2 vs Kolgrimma


Game 241 – Vs Andy Garrard – Trollbloods – 11/08/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Kolgrimma Stonetruth, Winter Witch (Storm of the North)
-Trollkin Runebearer
-Mountain King
-Troll Basher
Fell Caller Hero
Northkin Shaman
Min Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes
-Northkin Elder
Northkin Bear Handlers & Battle Bears
Northkin Fire Eaters
Min Northkin Raiders
Min Pyg Lookouts
Min Trollkin Champions
-Skaldi Bonehammer
-Trollkin Sorcerer

2 days before list deadline day I went to visit my captain Andy for some last thoughts and a couple of practice games. Plan 1 was Vyros2 into Kolgrimma to see if it feels as bad for him as I thought. I went first.

Decel and run.



2 Raiders move up to take shots at a Griffon, doing a bit of damage. The rest of the Troll army runs up, but is careful of my threat ranges.



I take out the 2 Raiders that have been offered, and the Manticores shoot off one of the Bears, making the unit far less potent.



I’ve given Andy a few bits and pieces to have a go at so he commits to try and take them out, sending in the Fire Eaters, Bear, 2 Champs the Basher and most of the raiders, but despite doing decent damage he doesn’t take any jacks out. He covers with clouds for -2 defence. 1-0 to Andy



I take out the wave of Trolls that Andy sent in and Feat ready for the next lot. 2-1 to me.



Andy commits the rest of his army and does take out a number of Griffons, but has to really overextend to do so. At the end of the turn the score is 2-1 to me, and after reviewing the game state we decide to call it and start another game.



VICTORY

-      This game went fairly similarly to how Kolgrimma games I’ve played before have. They naturally have to play Vyros’ game allowing me to pick it apart.
-      Mirage is a super fun scenario, I think the fears over it being too live were unfounded, but it really forces central conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment