title

title

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Game 240: Vyros2 vs Goreshade1


Game 240 – Vs Duncan Harradine – Cryx – 10/08/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Goreshade the Bastard (Black Industries)
-Deathwalker
-The Withershadow Combine
-Desecrator
-Inflictor
-Leviathan
-Ripjaw
-Scavenger
-Slayer
Iron Lich Overseer
-Seether
Machine Wraith
Machine Wraith
Warwitch Siren
Warwitch Siren
Cephalyx Overlords

With the first game finishing quickly we “rerack” for another.

Only half of my models had moved on my assassination run, so we reverted back to my top of 1 and Duncan redeployed.



Duncan casts Lamentation and Shadowmancer and runs up, being a bit more restrained than last time.

I back off to the point where I am threatening the full zones, and shoot off both Machine Wraiths.



Duncan moves up and gets into the zones, projecting threat where he can. 1-1

I Hunters Mark the Inflictor, allowing me to destroy it, the Slayer, the Ripjaw and around half of the Seether. It feels like a strong attrition turn. 2-2.



Goreshade Feats and between the Bane Warriors and his remaining Jacks he cripples or takes out a lot of my jacks. 3-2 to Duncan

Despite a strong turn of attrition Goreshade is still within range for an assassination. I build Synergy before a Griffon takes out Deathwalker allowing Vyros to destroy Goreshade



VICTORY

-      Probably a rough match for the Cryx, especially going second. Goreshade has to be up the table to leverage his abilities and puts him in danger of assassination

No comments:

Post a Comment