title

title

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Game 238: Rahn vs Skarre3


Game 238 – Vs Becky Red – Cryx – 17/08/18

My list:
Adeptis Rahn (Defenders of Ios)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Chimera
-Phoenix
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcanist Mechanik
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen
Houseguard Thane
Ghost Sniper
Ghost Sniper
Max Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Min Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer

His List:
Skarre, Admiral of the Black Fleet (Dark Host)
-Desecrator
-Leviathan
-Leviathan
Wraith Engine
Bane Lord Tartarus
Machine Wraith
Machine Wraith
Max Bane Warriors
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Max Bane Warriors
-Officer & Standard Bearer

I played 5 games over this weekend as practice for the WTC hots up, starting with another look at Skarre3, this time in the Bane theme. I win the roll to go first.

Polarity Shield on the big unit of Halberdiers, a few TKs thrown around and everything runs.



Skarre moves up and shoots off a couple of Halberdiers and the rest of the Cryx forces run up, with the Banes in front and the Jacks behind.



I start shooting, taking out 2 Banes on the left and, coupled with some Halberdier charger, 6 on the right as well as both Machine Wraiths.



Skarre and the jacks shoot into my Halberdiers, dealing some decent damage. On the left the Banes can’t charge and so just run to engage, whilst on the right they charge some Halberdiers but Set Defence mainly keeps them alive. 1-1



I don’t have a great turn but do take out a lot of Banes and put some damage into the Wraith Engine as well as hitting Skarre with a Disrupter Bolt from Eiryss. I lead 3-1.



With no Focus Skarre’s options are limited, but the jacks continue to get work done and the Wraith Engine charges into the Phoenix, narrowly failing to take it out. 4-2.

I consider trying for an assassination, but feel comfortable that if I can just keep taking models off and scoring points that I will eventually win the game. Eiryss Disrupts Skarre again, Rahn camps most of his stack and I lead 6-2.



Becky realises that she has lost the attrition game and so goes for an assassination but with no Focus it feels like a long shot. It is, and Rahn comfortably survives. I win 8-2.



VICTORY

-      This game felt OK, Rahn’s constant threat on Skarre keeps her honest and with no way to remove upkeeps she struggles to get the melee troops in
-      The Slaughter Fleet list feels a lot stronger than this version, so I still need to plan for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment