title

title

Friday 10 August 2018

Game 234: Vyros2 vs Skarre3


Game 234 – Vs Mark – Cryx – 04/08/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Skarre, Admiral of the Black Fleet (Slaughter Fleet Raiders)
-Satyxis Blood Prie
-Slayer
-Slayer
-Slayer
-Slayer
Axiara Wraithblade
General Gerlak Slaughterborn
Max Black Ogrun Boarding Party
Max Black Ogrun Boarding Party
Black Ogrun Ironmongers
Max Blighted Trollkin Marauders
-Jussika Bloodtongue
Cephalyx Overlords
Scharde Dirge Seers

Second round of the SR saw me up against Mark’s Cryx, with my first game against the increasingly popular Skarre3. I won the first turn.

Decel and run.



Mark runs up with Draconic Strength on the Marauders

I decide to Alphe Strike 2 of the Slayers, taking them both out and covering off the Marauders with Covering Fire.



Mark has a strong attrition turn managing to take out 4 Griffons without really triggering any Feat moves. He scores 1 to lead 1-0.

I am in a rough spot but keep trying to play the attrition game to see how it feels. I take out another Slayer and the objective as well as a selection of infantry. 1-1



Mark continues to remove jacks at an alarming rate, taking another Griffon and Manticore, leaving me with just 3 jacks and Vyros. 3-1

I have a very long shot assassination but I have to go for it. I build Synergy whilst clearing a path, before sending a Griffon into Skarre. I leave her on 9 boxes.

DEFEAT

-      We mathed out the assassination and it was 0.1%. Seems about right!
-      The Skarre list is very good indeed. I shouldn’t have gone for the Slayers when I did, as I should have been able to take a turn of shooting without losing too much, then counterattack as the list is designed to do

No comments:

Post a Comment