title

title

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Game 237: Vyros2 vs Krueger2


Game 237 – Vs Andrew Mazeika – Circle – 10/08/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Krueger the Stormlord (The Bones of Orboros)
-Megalith
-Woldwarden
-Woldwarden
-Woldwyrd
-Woldwyrd
Celestial Fulcrum
Blackclad Stoneshaper
Blackclad Stoneshaper
Blackclad Stoneshaper
Blackclad Wayfarer
Sentry Stone & Mannikins
Sentry Stone & Mannikins
Shifting Stones

Practice into even games is going to be so important in the build up to the WTC, and so reps into things like Krueger 2 are always useful. I matched up against Andrew in Stockport and got the first turn.

Decel and run.



Krueger moves up for a turn 1 Feat, pushing me back and slowing me down for next turn, before pulling a Griffon forwards and shooting it up, but failing to take it out.



I take out a few Mannikins to build Synergy before using the Manticores’ guns and 2 Griffons to take out one of the Wardens. Vyros shoots off the Wayfarer to reduce the Circle threat ranges.



Andrew retaliates but due to my Feat isn’t able to take off too much. I lose a Griffon and a bit of support. We both score to start at 1-1



I have a strong turn taking out the Fulcrum, one of the Sentry Stones and a Woldwyrd but my dice abandon me on Megalith leaving him on a handful of boxes. 3-2 to me.



I lose a Manticore but the surviving Warden flails about and can’t take out a Griffon on the right. 4-3 to me.



My remaining jacks all but table the circle forces, taking out both remaining heavies, the second Wyrd and the other Sentry Stone. I score 3 to lead 7-3.



Andrew has the slimmest of assassination opportunities with Krueger, but comes nowhere near. I win 10-3



VICTORY

-      First turn is a pretty big deal in this matchup, and with the table how it was I was able to control the game pretty comfortably
-      My list struggles with this many flags a bit as I have relatively few disposable solos, so need to concentrate on not losing on scenario whilst grinding out the attrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment