title

title

Friday 11 May 2018

Game 186: Vyros2 vs Xerxis2


Game 186 – Vs Konrad Krolicki – Skorne – 06/05/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Xerxis, Fury of Halaak (Imperial Warhost)
-Archidon
-Basilisk Drake
-Basilisk Drake
-Basilisk Drake
-Basilisk Drake
-Basilisk Drake
-Basilisk Drake
-Basilisk Krea
-Basilisk Krea
-Basilisk Krea
Siege Animantarax
Siege Animantarax
Swamp Gobber Chef
Min Paingiver Beast Handlers
Min Paingiver Beast Handlers

Game 2 of the WMHUKISS qualifier saw me play Konrad with his Skorne, this time using the Drake Farm list that has shown some popularity recently. It is one that I was glad to get a game into, as it is a difficult one to theory machine into. I dropped Vyros 2 and with Konrad winning the roll to go first we got moving.

Konrad runs his Beasts up and with +2 Speed from Xerxis they get up the board pretty impressively. One of the Drakes is given Rapport to allow it to spread further from Xerxis and the Archidon is given Ignite. The Animantaraxes both run up just outside of threat from my Griffons.



I’m going to take some pretty serious sprays next turn to I position as well as possible to reduce the impact of them. I swing hard to the right flank to take one Battle Engine and 2 Drakes out of the game for a turn and hope to smash through that flank and get back over before the scenario gets away from me.



Xerxis Feats and the Beasts start shooting into me, and whilst it is bad, it wasn’t as devastating as I’d feared. I lose an Aspis, 2 Griffons and Lanyssa allowing me to make some Feat moves to get my Manticores into position. The Archidon comes in but misses a couple of 6s to hit and so doesn’t get too much damage done. I am in a rough spot but have a reasonable chance to get out of it.



A big turn is needed here and it goes wrong pretty early with my first Synergy builder missing its attacks. That means that Vyros has to get involved early and ends up taking a few points of damage from a Free Strike. I do eventually get going and take out a couple of Drakes and the Siege Animantarax on the right. I score my flag but can’t stop Konrad scoring his, so we start at 1-1.



With the amount of Fury Konrad built up last turn it was inevitable that some Beasts would Frenzy, and a couple do, dealing a bit of damage. Konrad continues putting sprays into me and the Kreas come in with their impressive Flank attacks. I only lose one Manticore this turn but what I have left is starting to look a bit ropey. Konrad scores 2 points to lead 3-1.

This turn I have the turn I needed last turn, taking out a decent number of the Basilisks and really starting to turn the tables on attrition. I am not able to cast Deceleration though as I need Vyros’ focus for more attacks. We both score our flags again to move to 4-2.



Unfortunately I hadn’t been able to keep close enough on scenario, and Konrad realises that he only has to take out my objective and contest my flag to win the game. He does so and wins 7-2 on scenario.



DEFEAT

It is always disappointing to lose a game but this felt like a really valuable game. First of all it showed that I made the right decision in dropping Imperatus, as both Manticores got good work done this game. I was also pleased that the attrition went awry in this game, yes I lost out on scenario but that could be improved by some little changes or by going first. I’m pretty confident that if I see this type of list again I’ll do pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment