title

title

Tuesday 15 May 2018

Game 189: Rahn vs Lylyth2


Game 189 – Vs James Hockney – Legion – 09/05/18

My list:
Adeptis Rahn (Defenders of Ios)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Chimera
-Phoenix
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcanist Mechanik
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen
Max Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Max Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr

His List:
Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight (Oracles of Annihilation)
-Succubus
-Angelius
-Nephilim Bolt Thrower
-Naga Nightlurker
-Ravagore
-Ravagore
-Seraph
-Raek
Blighted Nyss Sorceress & Hellion
The Forsaken
The Forsaken
Blighted Nyss Shepherd
Blighted Nyss Shepherd
Ice Witched

With just a week or so to go until the Welsh and my lists pretty much locked in (I’ve laminated my damage grids, that’s about as locked in as it gets) I wanted to just get in a few more practice games so that I feel completely confident going into the event. I got a game in against an old opponent James, who has brought Lylyth2 back from the death. James won the first turn and we got moving.

Mirage is cast onto the Angelius to increase it’s already impressive threat range, and everything runs up, taking positions of cover where possible to protect against Rahn trying to Arc any spells. He stays out of threat of the AFGs to deny me shooting opportunities on Round 1.



I’m going to be taking some pretty serious shooting so I just get the Halberdiers up the table in Shield Wall to at least keep them protected against some of the lower powered shots. Rahn TKs up both AFGs which move into position for next turn, whilst the Phoenix and Chimera take up positions on the flanks.



This is predictably Lylyth’s Feat turn, and the Legion Beasts open fire into my infantry. Pin Cushion is cast onto the right unit of Halberdiers and they are reduced to just 4 left by the end of the turn. The left unit doesn’t take as much damage but the Scather templates from the Ravagore are positioned well to make my retaliation very difficult next turn. Finally the Angelius gets into my Phoenix and destroys it. I thought it was safe where it was, but had temporarily mind blanked on the fact that Shepherds can extend the Forcing area. I should have put Polarity Shield on it to remove that as an issue.



With Lylyth’s Feat gone James’ shooting elements are much less scary, and will really struggle to significantly damage the Battle Engines, so my target for this turn is to take out the Angelius and Seraph and then try and grind through his shooting in later turns. The turn goes to plan with both Beasts being removed through a combination of guns and Halberdiers, and the Fane Knight is even able to remove the Hellion before it can disrupt my shooting. I’m also able to score the central zone to lead 1-0.



More Legion gunfire is fired into my lines, taking out most of my remaining Halberdiers, Skeryth Issyen and Edrea. The Raek runs up to engage my left AFG and make it difficult to get work out of next turn. Nobody scores so we stay at 1-1. James clocked during this turn, but we decided to play on anyway.



I have a tricky TK to land on an engaged Raek to allow my turn to progress properly, but am able to get my Chimera into its back arc to leave me only needing a boosted 9 to hit, which lands, freeing up the AFG. A couple of slams later and the Raek is dead with the Bolt Thrower slightly damaged. Other than that thought I don’t have a particularly successful turn, and the score stays 1-1.



I lost track of taking photos at this point (I take them when I hit the clock, and with that over the trigger wasn’t there), but in short James shot off a few more bits and pieces before I assassinated her with Rahn’s Feat and slamming a Chimera into her.

VICTORY

Interesting to see Lylyth on the table again and as gun lines go she is still fairly decent. The issue with her is still that if guns can’t do it she doesn’t really have anything else, so once the Angelius went down James was never going to be able to deal with the AFGs, allowing me to ride them to victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment