title

title

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Game 244: Rahn vs Skarre1


Game 244 – Vs Andrew Mazeika – Cryx – 25/08/18

My list:
Adeptis Rahn (Defenders of Ios)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Chimera
-Phoenix
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcanist Mechanik
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen
Houseguard Thane
Ghost Sniper
Ghost Sniper
Max Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Min Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer

His List:
Pirate Queen Skarre (Dark Host)
-Skarlock Thrall
-Stalker
-Stalker
-Stalker
-Stalker
Wraith Engine
Wraith Engine
Bane Lord Tartarus
Darragh Wrathe
Scrap Thrall
Min Bane Riders
Max Bane Riders

Time for another run at the nightmare match up that is Skarre1, going second, on Spread the Net. My opponent isn’t the most experienced, but any rep into this is going to be useful.

Skarre runs everything up, staying out of threat of the AFGs.

Through some of Andrew’s positioning of Stalkers he’s left one in range of some Halberdiers. I float a couple of AFG AOEs at the stalkers and deal some damage, allowing the right Halberdiers to Mini-Feat and take one out.



Skarre comes into me but without Feating, taking out most of the right and some of the left Halberdiers.



I lost quite a lot this turn but the lack of Feat gives me a chance to strike back. I end up managing to remove all of the Bane Riders, 2 more Stalkers and a Wraith Engine, being careful to keep Rahn safe from any assassination that may come next turn. 1-1 on scenario



Skarre Feats on her remaining models and her army gets as much work done as it can, taking out my Phoenix and a some more Halberdiers. 2-2



I take out the Stalker and Darragh before shooting everything I have at the Wraith Engine, leaving it on a handful of boxes. 3-2 to me.



Skarre scrambles to stay in the game, dealing some damage to an AFG and dismounting Skeryth. 4-2.



I finish the Wraith Engine and shoot Skarre in the face,



VICTORY

-      Satisfying to finally get one over on Skarre, but still think it’s a horrible matchup. A T2 Feat would have left me in an awful position that I don’t think I could have come back from.
-      Ghost Snipers are awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment