title

title

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Game 248: Vyros2 vs The Child


Game 248 – Vs Chris Young – Grymkin – 30/08/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
The Child (Dark Menagerie)
-Cage Rager
-Cage Rager
-Crabbit
-Crabbit
-Gorehound
-Gorehound
-Gorehound
-Skin & Moans
-Skin & Moans
-Skin & Moans
Death Knell
Gremlin Swarm
Gremlin Swarm
Gremlin Swarm
Gremlin Swarm

My pair doesn’t have a particularly good Grymkin drop, but having looked at a few matchup possibilities with the team there is a chance that I will end playing into them. My best hope is knowing the matchup better than they do, so more practice it is. I win the roll to go first.

Everything including Vyros runs up the table.



Grymkin go into a big bunch, with the Swarms and Gorehounds hard on the flanks.



I move around, staying out of threat of most of his forces, trying to tempt something in.

Chris commits with a Cage Rager and 2 Gorehounds, taking out a Griffon and spreading around some additional damage. 1-0 to Chris.



With plenty of targets in range its time to get some work done. I manage to take out one of each heavy and the three Gorehounds, 2-0 to Chris.



Chris takes out both Manticores and 2 lights leaving me in a pretty rough spot. 3-0

I need to take out the Skin&Moans on the left to have any chance of coming back into the game, so I throw everything at it, leaving it on a handful of boxes. I concede.



DEFEAT

-      I was asking quite a lot to take out that Skin& Moans but if I had I think I could have ground the game out.
-      It is a tricky matchup but doesn’t take much of a slip from my opponent to tilt it in my favour

No comments:

Post a Comment