title

title

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Game 245: Vyros2 vs Dreamer


Game 245 – Vs Ben Hampshire – Grymkin – 25/08/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
The Dreamer (Dark Menagerie)
-Cage Rager
-Cage Rager
-Cage Rager
-Crabbit
-Crabbit
-Gorehound
-Gorehound
-Gorehound
-Skin & Moans
-Skin & Moans
Death Knell
Gremlin Swarm
Gremlin Swarm
Gremlin Swarm
Gremlin Swarm

All Grymkin practice is good Grymkin practice. Grymkin practice against one of the best Grymkin players in the world is even better. I go first.

Everything runs



Ben bricks up, puts down an Artifice for cover and moves up the table.

I stay out of threat of all but the first Gorehound, and position to force Ben to make a move soon.



Ben charges a Gorehound, kills the Artificer and Sprints away. The brick pushes on. 1-1



I deal what damage I can with my guns and push up slightly on both flanks, holding a number of jacks back. I score to lead 3-1, but considered sacrificing an Arcanist for another CP. I decide against it as it is vital for the long attrition, but it may have been an error. 3-1.



Ben takes out an Aspis, a Manticore and a Griffon. 4-3 to me.

I strike back, taking the models I can. I remove a Sking & Moans and a Cage Rager 5-4 to me.



I have overextended Vyros. Dreamer moves up and makes him Stationary, before a Skin & Moans moves up and takes him out.



DEFEAT

-      I lost this game on T3 where I gave Ben too much, I should have held back further, or pushed on, scored 3 and gone for the early scenario win.
-      This matchup is much harder on this scenario, as there is no objective to help against Gremlin Swarms

No comments:

Post a Comment