title

title

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Game 251: Vyros2 vs Skarre1


Game 251 – Vs Andrew Devine – Cryx – 01/09/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Pirate Queen Skarre (Slaughter Fleet Raiders)
-Satyxis Blood Priestess
-Stalker
-Stalker
-Stalker
-Stalker
Aiakos, Scourge of the Meredius
-Kharybdis
Axiara Wraithblade
General Gerlak Slaughterborn
Min Black Ogrun Boarding Party
Min Black Ogrun Boarding Party
Black Ogrun Ironmongers
Max Blighted Trollkin Marauders
-Jussika Bloodtongue
Scharde Dirge Seers

My WTC pair doesn’t have too many hard dodges, but Skarre 1 in Dark Host is definitely one of them. I had never played against it in Slaughter Fleet, but the biggest issue of 4 Stalkers backed up by hard hitting infantry remained. The only positive was the lack of a Wraith Engine making it easier to drop Vyros, but this was still going to be a long shot. I won the roll to go first.

Deceleration and run.



Pirates run up, Skarre bags herself some extra focus for next turn. Stalkers back off slightly.



I push hard to one side of the table and cover the Marauders with Covering Fire to restrict their advance. I take out a couple of Black Ogrun and a Stalker on the right flank. Vyros Feats.



Skarre cuts for 15 on her Feat and spends her stack powering up the world. He takes out most of my army but from very early on in the turn I was just Feat moving Vyros to try and engineer an assassation angle on Skarre. Andrew catches on to what I’m doing and blocks off the best angles, leaving me with a very long shot.



I can’t get a line to Skarre herself, so fire Twisters in a direction that will miss, and a perfect scatter (4+ inches in direction 2) will land on her. Neither scatter correctly and I concede.

DEFEAT

-      I hate Skarre
-      Seriously, just the worst
-      I should have committed to the left flank instead of the right, there was a second Stalker on that flank but even under Feat some of the Marauders might have died to the Covering Fire and it might have left me enough to play the game out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment