title

title

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Game 253: Rahn vs Rask


Game 253 – Vs Sam Darbyshire – Minions – 02/09/18

My list:
Adeptis Rahn (Defenders of Ios)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Chimera
-Phoenix
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcanist Mechanik
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen
Houseguard Thane
Ghost Sniper
Ghost Sniper
Max Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Min Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer

His List:
Rask (Will Work for Food)
-Gatorman Soul Slave
-Blackhide Wrastler
-Ironback Spitter
-Ironback Spitter
Alten Ashley
Bog Trog Mist Speaker
Dahlia Hallyr
-Skarath
Gatorman Witch Doctor
Rorsh
-Brine
-Battle Boar
Wrong Eye
-Snapjaw
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew

Needing to drop Rahn at some point in the next 2 games I saw this as a good an opportunity as any. Rask is a pain to play against but it is a matchup that is playable. Sam gets the first turn.

Admonition goes onto a Spitter and Rage onto Brine, and everything runs up, using a Veil of Mists to protect against my guns.

I put up Polarity Shield onto the full unit of Halberdiers, and TK both AFGs forward before running up. I think I’ve positioned well to prevent Rask from getting anything next turn.



I hadn’t though. I missed an angle for Brine to Diversionary Tactics up into charge range of the Phoenix, taking both it and the AFG next to it out. Everything else presses up the board under Rask’s Feat.

I charge my Halberdiers on the right into Snapjaw, but somehow fail to take it out under Minifeat. The situation is impossible and I concede the game.

DEFEAT

-      Going second against Rask you can’t afford to make a single mistake, and unfortunately I did with my positioning of the Phoenix.
-      The game would have been an uphill struggle anyway. Vyros would probably have had a better chance, but I dropped Rask hoping to get through the game and then have the choice of lists in the last round.
-      D&C1 is the worst and has no place in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment