title

title

Friday 21 September 2018

Game 259: Vyros2 vs High Reclaimer


Game 259 – Vs Paul Watson – Protectorate of Menoth – 13/09/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
The High Reclaimer (Exemplar Interdiction)
-Judicator
Exemplar Bastion Seneschal
Knights Exemplar Seneschal
Knights Exemplar Seneschal
Scrutator Potentate Severius
-Dervish
Vassal Mechanik
Wrack
Min Choir of Menoth
Max Exemplar Errants
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Knights Exemplar
-Officer
Knights Exemplar
-Officer
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard

One list I didn’t get the opportunity to practise against before flying to Poland was the High Reclaimer plus Judicator list that seems to be everywhere. Theorising it in my head I don’t think it is a good match up, middle defence (12) and middle armour (18, as Blessed ignores Deceleration) is exactly what the Judicator wants to be shooting out, so positioning was going to have to be perfect. I win the roll to go first and we got moving.

There is no point in casting Deceleration so I just run up the table, getting Vyros into an aggressive spot behind the building. I put up Force Wall with the Artificer and make sure that everything that could possibly die to blast damage is within 3” of it. I can’t fully stay out of the Judicator’s threat, doing so would surrender too much table, but I make sure to be out of the 15” walk and spray range so that I only have to take the rockets.



Hand of Fate is cast onto the Judicator who moves up and puts some decent damage onto a couple of Griffons. Errants shoot with their crossbows but at dice-8 don’t have much impact.



I commit pretty hard in an attempt to start the attrition. I take out a load of Errants before putting a max Synergy Griffon into the Dervish, but rolling pretty badly to leave it alive. I put up Covering Fire in front of both Knights Exemplar units to reduce damage next turn and Feat, hoping to open up some options for next turn.



A combination of the Judicator, Dervish and Knights take out the 4 lights I had committed with, with High Reclaimer Feating to bring back most of the Errants that had been killed in an attempt to keep the Manticore away from the Judicator. 1-1

I do manage to clear a path for the Manticore, and kill most of the Knights on the left flank as well as the Seneschal. The Manticore rolls pretty badly, including missing an attack, on the Judicator, dealing pretty minimal damage. I put up some covering fire on the right to try to protect my contesting jacks. 2-1 to me.



Through some clever angles and use of Tactician Paul is able to take out the Manticore before activating the Judicator. The Judicator aims and shoots Vyros down to a few boxes, with an Errant charging in to finish him off.



DEFEAT

With practice maybe this matchup gets better for us, but I’m really not sure, it seems to just get around everything that Vyros wants to do. The more popular list seems to have Vengers and Cinerators instead of Knights and Errants, and the reduced number of attacks may make that a bit more manageable for me, but it is definitely a game I’d be looking to dodge at the WTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment