title

title

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Game 252: Vyros2 vs Krueger2


Game 252 – Vs Ian Sturgess – Circle – 01/09/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Krueger the Stormlord (The Bones of Orboros)
-Megalith
-Woldwarden
-Woldwarden
-Woldwyrd
-Woldwyrd
Celestial Fulcrum
Bog Trog Mist Speaker
Blackclad Stoneshaper
Blackclad Stoneshaper
Blackclad Wayfarer
Sentry Stone & Mannikins
Sentry Stone & Mannikins
Shifting Stones

Round 4 and I’m up against Ian Sturgess with his Circle, and the inevitable Vyros2 vs Krueger2 matchup. This one isn’t pretty, you should probably just move on to the next report and read that instead, it’s much better. Still here? Fine. I win the roll to go first.

I run everything up the table, completely forgetting everything I’ve ever know about how to play against Krueger2. I cast Deceleration.



Ian activates the Fulcrum and does some fairly ineffective shooting, before Trampling a Warden up into range of Vyros and casting Gallows to drag hum 2” forward. A TK later and Vyros is in range of every gun in Krueger’s army, with Synergy triggering Purgation. Thankfully Ian had forgotten that all Jacks are Shield Guards and left me in range of 2, so after the first Wyrd does a bit of damage and removes my Focus I start taking away some damage, and Vyros survives on 10 or so boxes.



I shoot Krueger to death.



VICTORY

-      Nothing to be taken from this really, there are a number of ways I could have played that first turn and picked the worst one. It was only through Ian forgetting a rule that I got away with it.
-      I finish the day at 3-1, but as the event is D&C1 I am starting to be in real list-lock trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment