title

title

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Game 249: Vyros2 vs Vlad1


Game 249 – Vs Marc Williams – Khador – 01/09/18

My list:
Vryos, Incissar of the Dawnguard (Forges of War)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon
-Griffon      
-Griffon
-Aspis
-Manticore
-Manticore
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
Arcanist Mechanik
House Shyeel Artificer
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
House Shyeel Arcanists
House Shyeel Arcanists

His List:
Vladimir Tzepesci, The Dark Prince (Winter Guard Kommand)
-Juggernaut
-Marauder
-Marauder
Winter Guard Gun Carriage
Winter Guard Gun Carriage
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich
Gobber Tinker
Min Winter Guard Rifle Corps
-Rocketeer
-Rocketeer
-Rocketeer
Min Winter Guard Rifle Corps
-Rocketeer
-Rocketeer
-Rocketeer
Winter Guard Mortar Crew
Winter Guard Mortar Crew
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew

Blood an Oil was an event where I finished 5th last year, and really put myself on the map in terms of the national scene. This year it and the Nationals have essentially swapped places on the calendar, avoiding the Nationals feeling like WTC prep. I took my WTC pair, and was at a slight disadvantage with it being a 2 list D&C event. Round 1 saw me up against Marc with Khador. I won the first turn.

Deceleration and run.



Vlad moves up, casts Signs & Portents and starts shooting, spreading a bit of damage around my jacks. I probably should have held a bit further back to avoid this turn 1 barrage.

With Hunters Mark I can get 3 Griffons into the right gun carriage, so I build up Synergy on the left before charging in, with some spiky dice meaning that the second Griffon takes it out. Vyros Feats.



More guns and Vlad Feat powered Heavies power into my lines, and som clever use of knockdown guns prevent me from using my Feat effectively. I do move Vyros up late in the turn after the jacks had activated though, forcing Marc to desperately try to protect Vlad from assassination. 1-0 to Marc.



In order to get into range of Vlad I have had to move out of pathfinder range of the objective, so Vyros will have to cast Easy Rider to get to the caster. The Manticores and Aspis work to clear out the line for Vyros, who charges in and despite some shaky dice is able to take Vlad out.



VICTORY

-      I shouldn’t have been in range for the turn 1 shooting, which would have left my jacks in much better shape for Marc’s next turn.
-      I was pleased with how I used the Feat though, waiting until the last model was going to die to reveal the Vyros threat, which ultimately won the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment