title

title

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Game 254: Rahn vs Borka2


Game 254 – Vs James White – Trollbloods – 02/09/18

My list:
Adeptis Rahn (Defenders of Ios)
-Sylys Wyshnaylrr, The Seeker
-Chimera
-Phoenix
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcantrik Force Generator
Arcanist Mechanik
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen
Houseguard Thane
Ghost Sniper
Ghost Sniper
Max Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer
Min Houseguard Halberdiers
-Officer & Standard Bearer

His List:
Borka, Vengeance of the Rimeshaws (The Power of Dhunia)
-Trollkin Runebearer
-Earthborn Dire Troll
-Earthborn Dire Troll
-Mulg the Ancient
-Rok
-Troll Axer
-Troll Basher
Northkin Shaman
Troll Whelps
Troll Whelps
Max Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes
-Stone Scribe Elder

The final round sees me up against James White, and produces some pretty serious list chicken. We end up with a Borka2 against Rahn match, which I was pretty happy about. I win the roll to go first.

Polarity Shield onto the right Halberdiers, TK on the Phoenix and both AFGs and everything runs up the table.



Borka feels that he has to use his Feat early, so does so, puts up Counter Charge and gets himself up the table.



I go through a few different plans on this turn, as can happen when you’re playing against Counter-Charge. I start by TKing the Earthborn on the left away from the building, intending to charge and take it out, but then run a model past it allowing it to Counter Charge back to the building. I then start to run and jam with the Halberdier unit but get Counter Charged by Borka, opening up an assassination angle. I shoot with both Snipers and the Phoenix, before charging with Issyen, sadly leaving Borka on a single box. I position the rest of my army to prepare for next turn.



James has a great turn and takes out all of the Halberdiers, Issyen and the Snipers. We both score 1.



I need to finish off the assassination, and do so by TKing Borka forwards, tying up any Counter Charges and walking the Phoenix up to take it out. A tough Check would ruin my day but thankfully it is failed.



VICTORY

-      A bit of an odd game, but it is always fun to play against James, and useful to see this style of Borka list before the WTC
-      I finished the event 4-2, finishing in 10th with Best in Retribution, so I was overall pretty satisfied.
-      These were my last games in the UK before travelling to Poland. Next Stop, WTC.


No comments:

Post a Comment